Strike that. Reverse it. On we go!

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Dzama

marcel dzama

This is a picture by Marcel Dzama, who is a Canadian. He used to be (still is?) with a group of artists called the Royal Art Lodge. They hung out and made lots of silly pictures. Several years ago, Rolando went to a gallery and saw some drawings by him. He came home and said, "This guy Marcel Dzama is so great. He uses rootbeer to color his pictures. They only cost $150! I wish I had $150!"

Now, he's represented by David Zwirner in New York and his drawings cost $1800. I wish I had $1800.

I do have a t-shirt with one of his images on it, and some cards. My hope is that he'll be so overmarketed that his stuff will never become too expensive and one day I will have $1800 to spare.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He was willing to trade me his drawings for beer and back bacon (oh Canada!). I could only offer him cash and he wept silently into his piles of money. He said to me "I'm $o $ad, I could cry." Wayne Gretzky came and took him away to Medicine Hat, where he drank root beer and threw Canadian coins at horny moose.

12:18 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home