Strike that. Reverse it. On we go!

Saturday, December 10, 2005

I Made a Curtain.


Mostly, I just put grommets in a piece of cloth and attached the curtain rod to the doorframe. The cloth is heavy and chenille-y. It's brown and has Chinese calligraphy and chops (those square stamps the Chinese use to sign things) on it. I hope that the writing says something like "Stupid white people love to buy exotic nonsense."

Here's a Chinese lesson for you: "Bak-hee" is what white people are called in the Toi-San dialect (which I've been told is hillbilly Cantonese). The literal translation is "White devil." Bak-hee hee hee.

I knew a girl who got a Chinese tatoo and didn't know that the literal translation of it was "dangerous desk." I don't remember what she said it meant, but a Japanese linguist we knew set her straight. He was really mean about it too. He laughed. A lot.

I saw Sarah Silverman's movie, Jesus is Magic, last night and it's great. I've controlled myself in this post, but it's been really hard not to repeatedly use the word "chink."

1 Comments:

Blogger Roland said...

BTW it's bahk ghee.
I'm not sure if I should be offended by anything in this post.
Congratulations on the curtains...

1:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home